Essential Tips And Tactics
- If your two hole cards are a low pair, be cautious of how you play. It is a good idea to only stay in the hand if the betting is low. As the game continues, if you find you don't have a 3 of a kind or two pairs, it is usually in your best interest to fold.
- Don't make the mistake of folding too quickly. REMEMBER, if you find everyone is checking, stay in the game and choose to check also; therefore you can move on to the next round without having to put in anymore money in the pot. After all, the next round may provide your hand with the card you've been waiting for.
- As early as the second round of betting (after the flop) you will have 5 cards to work with, giving you a good idea of just how strong your final hand will look like, without putting you to much in the hole. At this time, carefully consider your odds and decide whether it is best to stay in the game, or quit while you're ahead.
- Don't play at tables that you know you can't afford to lose. Not only will this affect the way you play, making you more anxious and liable to make foolish mistakes, but high-stakes tables generally appeal to skilled players.
- If you have a strong starting hand, play aggressively during the preflop and try to weed out as many players as you can who have weak hands. This will stop them from getting lucky during the flop. In addition it will ensure that players who think they have a shot at winning to put more money in the pot.
- Watch out for flops that are in consecutive sequence such as 6-7-8, because even if you have a high pair there is a high probability that another player will make a straight.
Sometimes being caught bluffing can work out in your favour. While getting caught may not be your primary goal, it will make it harder for your opponents to guess your next move. Nonetheless, you shouldn't always bluff to try and fake out your players, eventually a really good player will catch on and end up taking all of your chips.
- Carefully study your fellow opponents. Pay attention to the moves they make during the game. How and when do they bet, call, fold, call, check, raise or bluff? Do they take their time when it is their turn to make a move or do they act quickly? Even though players tend to jump around from table to table online, if you frequent a certain table often, you will come to know the type of players that filter through. Never forget - you can always learn something from others.
- Keep a watchful eye on the high stakes tables, as they usually draw more experienced and professional players. By studying the actions of these players during the game, you will gain a better idea of what separates the pros from the armature and mediocre players. This is an excellent opportunity so make sure you take notes!
- If you are learning how to play Texas Hold'em at the fun tables, don't fall into the trap of shrugging off the games because the money isn't real. This careless attitude will only cause you to develop bad habits. Instead, play as if your chips are the real thing, you'll develop great strateg ies from th is.
Was this article helpful?
Free at Last! How To Free Yourself From Bad Habits Forever. The Secret to a Happier and Healthier Life. Exclusive Offer! Never Before Revealed Information. Everywhere you look, people want to know why theyre unhappy. And they want to know what they can do about it.
Get My Free Ebook