Playing Texas Holdem Online The Professionals Guide

Learn The Secrets To Texas Holdem

Online Poker Strategies

Get Instant Access

Total rake is $7 or 5.6%. That leaves 94.4% for the winners. Compare that to 60% on most lottery games. The less the rake is the more money you can win and the better your return on your investment.

The size of the pot and the betting limit can have a huge effect on your chances of winning.

Let's apply the same rules to a game where the maximum bet is only 2$.

Example: The winning pot is $22. The reason for the lower pot is the low betting limit. Now let's apply the same rake to the pot. Minimum of $1

and 5% or $2.10. This doesn't sound like a lot but it's actually 9.5%. The amount left to the winners in this game is now 90.5%. It may not seem like much, but the house can now pull from the table an entire pot every 10 games. That's a pot you can't win so your odds of winning are much lower. The opposite of this effect is to play a very high maximum game -for example a $50 maximum bet. This could create a $1000 pot or more. Sure, the percentage will now be even lower, but can you afford to play these high stakes?

A rule of thumb is to have 100 times the maximum bet with you when you start the game. A $50 maximum bet would mean having $5000 with you when you start. A maximum bet of $5 would allow you to play for $500. Quite a difference.

For most players, a $1-2 maximum bet is too low. The rake just becomes too high as a percentage of each pot.

Playing Texas Hold'em Online - The Professional's Guide 102 The ideal game range is the $5-10 maximum bet range. This range will give you the best odds at winning and will not require that you mortgage your house to get into a game.

What happens if I start playing a $5-10 maximum bet game with only $100?

The problem is you may need several hands before you get the right cards to win. With too small a bank, you may run out of money before you get a betting hand. Years of experience have shown that the 100x rule works. Having more certainly won't hurt. The 50x is a minimum requirement to play to win.

Playing Texas Hold'em Money Games For Free

Betting in Texas Hold'em is dictated by the big and small blinds. When it becomes your turn to place the blind (the initial bet

) you can pass. This means you can see two cards without any cost unless you are down card from the dealer.

The only problem is you can't come back into the game until the deal passes you again. That mean in a game with 10 players you have to sit out three hands per turn.

In a game with six players, you would only be able to play for free in three out of the six games.

It may not sound like much fun - but you can play for free and it's totally legal and within the rules.

Playing Texas Hold'em Online - The Professional's Guide 103

Was this article helpful?

0 0
Online Poker Winning Strategies Revealed

Online Poker Winning Strategies Revealed

If you're keep losing plenty of betting tokens on online gambling games, then this may be the most important letter you'll ever read to win the games in less than 10 minutes! You Are About To Learn The Insider Never Revealed Before Secrets Winning Strategies To Online Gambling And Becoming The Real Big Winner On The Game Without Having To Depend On Lady Luck. Would you want to learn how to not losing any of your betting tokens on the online gambling system and easily win more than what you are going to expect without using much of your brainpower...

Get My Free Ebook


Post a comment